Her father – Moisey Gamburd (1903-1954) is known as a classic artist of Bessarabian and Moldavian art. Her mother – Eugenia Gamburd (1913-1956) was the scenographer of the first movie by Director Sergei Parajanov, “Andriesh”.
In 1970, Miriam Gamburd completed the Muchina Art Academy, at the Faculty of Monumental Sculpture in Leningrad (St. Petersburg).
She has been living in Israel since 1977.
Exhibitions: Herzliya Museum of Art, Gallery Constant in Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv Artists Association, Gallery Zero in Barcelona, and others.
In 1999-2003, Miriam was curator of the Israeli Wing at the Salon d’Automne in Paris. In 2000 she was curator of an exhibition of Israeli artists at Krimskiy Val, Moscow.
Miriam has published stories and essays in the magazine Zvezda in St. Petersburg, and in other magazines in Russian and Hebrew.
Together with the Moldavian National Museum of Art, she published albums of monographs by her parents.
In 2010, Miriam published a book of essays and sketches, entitled “The Pulse of the Evil Impulse”.
2014 – “Fabricated Truth” solo exhibition. Museum of Israeli Art Ramat-Gan, Israel.
2014-2018 – Miriam is a member in the Visual Art Department, the Ministry of Culture of Israel.
2015 – “Time to gather stones” solo exhibition. National Art Museum of Moldova, Kishinev.